Owner: Williamsburg Pottery Properties, LLC
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Architect: Guernsey Tingle Architects
Civil Engineer: AES Consulting Engineers
The Williamsburg Pottery is a large, multi-structure retail outlet store located in Lightfoot, about 6 miles west of Williamsburg. It was founded in 1938 by James E. Maloney as a small pottery workshop. The Williamsburg Pottery Factory now markets itself as one of Virginia’s largest tourist attractions. Referred to by the locals as “the Pottery,” the 200-acre attraction offers a selection of locally handmade articles, as well as imports from 20 countries. Williamsburg Pottery was once famous for its “bare bones” appearance; however, it underwent a multimillion-dollar redevelopment that reshaped its look in the spring of 2012.