At Henderson, Inc. we value individuals, because each employee plays a vital role contributing to the overall success of our team.
We strive to do this in a comfortable, progressive setting where communication is always open — and always respectful. We firmly believe this develops mutually beneficial relationships, because we can continue resolving every challenge through a spirit of team work.
Join us, and you’ll experience a positive, goal-oriented environment that helps you reach your full potential too.
Henderson is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant.
Our Senior Accountant will be responsible for:
Developing and maintaining Accounting, Payroll and Human Resources principles, practices and procedures. Managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist the Controller in the daily requirements including tasks such as cash deposits, contract and change order processing, etc.
- Assist in closing out EOM financials
- Perform various reconciliations as required
- Help ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year end close
- Make necessary journal entries, as requested
- Function as a back-up for completion of weekly cash projections and payable edits
- Assist in the preparation of year-end financials and completion of year-end review procedures
- Monitor and analyze Henderson, Inc.’s Accounting, Administrative, Payroll and HR functions to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed
- Monitor internal controls
- Monitor General Ledger accounts for all accounting transactions (including payroll, job related, etc.)
- Troubleshooting with outside vendors to handle any internal issues
- Oversee monthly sales tax
- Preparation of quarterly and annual payroll reports.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and experience of accepted accounting principles, practices and auditing guidelines
- Knowledge of tax laws, GAAP, and construction accounting.
- Strong Leadership, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet all deadlines
- Ability to maintain data integrity and confidentiality.
A bachelor’s degree in area of specialty or equivalent experience with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Applicant must have dependable daily transportation and pass a pre-employment drug test. Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com and/or fill out our online application here.
Henderson, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Henderson is seeking experienced equipment operators. A minimum of 5 years experience required and ability to run bulldozer, excavator and motor grader. Applicant must have dependable daily transportation to job sites within a 50 mile radius of Williamsburg, Va. and pass a pre-employment drug test. EOE. Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or fill out our online application here.
Henderson is seeking laborers with an excellent work ethic and a desire to learn/grow. Applicants must have dependable daily transportation to job sites within a 50 mile radius of Williamsburg, Va. and pass a pre-employment drug test. EOE. Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com and/or fill out our online application here.
Henderson, Inc. Application
Fill out a Henderson, Inc. employment application here.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Henderson, Inc. is committed to equal opportunity employment. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: age (40+), race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, armed services veteran status, citizenship or nay other characteristic or classification protected by law.