At Henderson, Inc. we value individuals, because each employee plays a vital role contributing to the overall success of our team.
We strive to do this in a comfortable, progressive setting where communication is always open — and always respectful. We firmly believe this develops mutually beneficial relationships, because we can continue resolving every challenge through a spirit of team work.
Join us, and you’ll experience a positive, goal-oriented environment that helps you reach your full potential too.
Henderson is seeking an experienced Preconstruction Manger.
Our Preconstruction Manager will be responsible for:
- Working closely with our clients, design teams and subcontractors to develop successful projects that satisfy the function, budget, and schedule of the client
- Overall management of a project during preconstruction phase
- Select hard bid, design-build, and negotiated projects
- Presenting information to clients, subs, and inhouse team members in an organized manner
- Maintaining relationships with owners, subs, architects, and engineers
- Responsible for multiple simultaneous projects
- Attending and leading preconstruction meetings
- Clearly defining scopes of work, value engineering, assumptions and exclusions
- Preparing bid packages for subs
- Preparing detailed estimates
- Evaluation of bids
- Schedule development
Our Preconstruction Manager shall be:
- Experienced in preparing estimates for an overall project to include all scopes during multiple design phases
- Independently capable of leading process turnkey and updating leadership appropriately
- Knowledgeable in the construction process
- Experienced with projects sized from $50,000 to $100,000,000
- Driven by schedule, accuracy, and the development of successful project teams
- A team player with leadership success and a positive attitude
- Computer literate
- A good communicator, strong analytical thinker and highly motivated
- Able to work in groups and independently
- A role model for Henderson, Inc’s core values
Why work with Henderson, Inc.:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits including but not limited to health, dental, life, 401K, vacation
- The security of working with a highly respected, stable and seasoned general contractor
- Limited travel – Hampton Roads to Richmond, Virginia
- Virginia Business BEST Places to Work 2018
- Positive, goal-oriented environment that helps you reach your full potential
- Community driven including employee matched donations, event participation and support and our own annual woodcut benefitting those in need
- Employee longevity
- Opportunity for growth and continuing education
- Environment that provides healthy challenges where you can make a difference
- Unbeatable company culture where core values aren’t just words on the wall
- Trust and transparency
- Higher-than-industry safety standards
- Project variety
- Progressive techniques and industry tools
This position is required to sit, stand, and move about the office; frequently operates a computer and other office productivity equipment; constantly communicates with subcontractors, vendors, and other members of project team; ability to adhere to timely and consistent attendance.
Applicant must have dependable daily transportation to job sites within a 50 mile radius of Williamsburg, Va. and pass a pre-employment drug test. Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com and/or fill out our online application here.
Henderson, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Henderson is seeking experienced equipment operators. A minimum of 5 years experience required and ability to run bulldozer, excavator and motor grader. Applicant must have dependable daily transportation to job sites within a 50 mile radius of Williamsburg, Va. and pass a pre-employment drug test. EOE. Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or fill out our online application here.
Henderson is seeking laborers with an excellent work ethic and a desire to learn/grow. Applicants must have dependable daily transportation to job sites within a 50 mile radius of Williamsburg, Va. and pass a pre-employment drug test. EOE. Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com and/or fill out our online application here.
Henderson, Inc. Application
Fill out a Henderson, Inc. employment application here.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Henderson, Inc. is committed to equal opportunity employment. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: age (40+), race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, armed services veteran status, citizenship or nay other characteristic or classification protected by law.